Hello, everyone! In my last article, I described the two Samsung devices, the Galaxy S9 and the S9 Plus. Both the devices have tons of upgrade and it consists of everything that you ever wished to have in a pocket-sized device. From S7 to S8, not much was updated, but from S8 to S9, lots of updates have been made and Samsung is trying its best to regain its top position in the market. Click here to view the price, tech specs and all the features of the device. Today, I’ll be talking about the top 5 programming skills that will be very useful in the future.
The current information technology is changing dynamically and new technologies are taking birth each day. There are certain fields and skills that are in demand now and will be in demand for the next 10 years. A quote said by Mahatma Gandhi says, “The future depends on what we do in the present”. The meaning of this saying is completely right, which means, whatever you do now, will shape your future. The time you invest, the things you do, the skills you hone, all this will reflect how your future will be. This is what the article will focus on. I will list down the top 5 programming skills that will help you shape your future by building products and creating value for the world through it.
Before understanding those programming skills, let us understand what a program is all about. A program is a collection of a different set of instructions that tells the computer or the machine to perform a certain set of tasks. All these tasks are defined by a well-defined algorithm. Every program is written using a set of instructions and these instructions are defined using a programming language. Based on the current market trends and on-going demand in the industry, there are 5 different programming skills that will help you in a much better way in the future.
The list contains a lot of different languages that can be used, but out of them, according to me, there are 5 such languages that can be used, and they are:
- Python: Python is a high-level programming language and it was first released in the year 1991 and was created by Guido van Rossum. The language supports object-oriented programming, functional, procedural, imperative programming and other programming procedures. It is used for creating desktop apps (standalone application), websites, web apps, API building and creation, artificial intelligence, data analysis and much more. Python consists of lots of libraries and packages which helps in generating your output much easily. Being an open source tool for programming and developing systems, Python gives a lot of advantage over other languages that are either paid tools or do not support much packages and libraries in order to perform various tasks.You may also like:
1. Need a Job? Re-skill yourself
2. How Creativity can unleash the true potential within you.
3. 5 Cs that will help you grow professionally.
- Android: Android is one of the most used platforms in the world. Almost around 86.1% of all the smartphones are powered by Android (stats of the first quarter of the year 2017). With such a huge percentage share in the previous year, the number is continuously increasing and also the devices powered by Android are growing. Android is an operating system (OS) that is developed by Google. Build based on the Linux platform, the OS and the language is a completely open source. In the initial years of the development, Android was developed by Android Inc., and it was then bought by Google in the year 2005. The first device launched with Android OS was launched in the year 2007.From the year 2007 to the present year 2018, many things have changed in its working, stability, efficiency and a lot more, but the demand has never gone down. Keeping this in mind, the future of Android is increasing each day. Many companies are looking for mobile ready websites, mobile first apps and a lot more which focuses their business working on a hand-held device. Android programming language is used to build Android applications and web apps, which can be used by the common man. The apps can be of any genre depending on the domain the business works in. Education, Business, Photography, Games and a lot more. The applications are hosted on Google Play Store and from there it can be easily downloaded or bought.
- iOS (XCode/Swift): Apple, one of the biggest tech giants in the world has its own operating system, called the iOS. The iOS stands for iPhone Operating System. The iOS is the second most popular OS after Android. This operating system is there on its laptops, desktop machines as well as in mobile phones. A lot of people are nowadays using Mac (Apple’s laptop range), iMac (Apple’s desktop range), iPhone (Apple’s mobile range) or the iPad (Apple’s tablet range). These devices run iOS as the operating system and the applications that support this OS, are build using Apple products.A programming language named XCode is used in order to create apple apps and they are hosted and deployed on the App Store. XCode works as an IDE (in case of Android it is the Android Studio) in which the set of instructions are coded and collectively they are programmed to create and build an app. Swift programming is majorly used in order to build such apps. As the demand for mobile apps is increasing, businesses are looking forward to making their apps compatible for both the platforms, that is, for Android as well iOS and this has led to its increasing demand.
- Web Frameworks: Websites are now on the rise for any sort of business. Be it a small or a large corporation, everyone needs to have a website to make a presence on the online medium and reach out their potential clients. Initially, websites were made using simple HTML. Then steadily there was rise seen in the industry and new languages emerged in order to make it more dynamic and interactive.Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) are used in order to design it in a well-organized Document Object Model (DOM). This helps in creating the webpage in a proper flow and structure and also used for design purposes. Mainly server-side scripting languages such as Java Servlets (JSP), Active Server Pages (ASP), and PHP Hypertext Preprocessor (PHP) also called as Personal Home Page can be embedded inside an HTML page to make the website interactive and dynamic. All server-side scripting language consists of lots of web frameworks which follow an MVC architecture (Model-View-Controller) which helps in building and managing the website in a much easier manner.Frameworks such as CakePHP, Symphony, Zend, Laravel and more are used increasingly to provide good interactive and high security. As every business today needs a website, it is also important to maintain the security over the internet. Using the correct framework, for the correct website and for the right business is very important. The demand for such languages is thus increasing in number and the market needs such candidate who is skilled in such fields.
Besides the above-mentioned languages and systems, there are many other languages which are used to build products and commercialize them. The above 5 areas are majorly in demand in the industry and getting a hang of any of them will surely build an asset in your portfolio.
Hope this article helps and you start learning any of the above-mentioned skill. All the best and stay tuned for more amazing articles, tech updates and latest news.
Happy Reading! 🙂
Author: Akshay Rakesh Toshniwal