Hello everyone! Today, I’ll list down the top trends in the technology niche that will overpower and dominate other tech areas in the year 2017. Technological trends that emerge and change with time are very important to be taken care of.
Now you’ll must be thinking that what made me write this after 3 months of the year 2K17? So first let me answer to your question, why now am I on to listing the trends. After understanding, reviewing, reading and analysing different fields of technical areas in those 3 months, I made up a small and brief list on, which fields and areas will be amazingly growing and dominating the world.
Firstly, let me give you some taste on the growing and changing technologies around us. Technology is not only related to computers or gadgets. Technology is something and everything which leads to the overall development of the society in some or the other way. Limiting the scope of technology only to the field of computers is not right and it does not hold true.
Technology is available to us in many different ways. It’s surprizing to have the power to retrieve almost any information and communicate in a thousand different ways using a device that fits in your pocket. There’s always something new on the horizon, and we can’t help but wait and wonder what technological marvels are coming next.
The way I personally perceive the technological changes and trends in the industry are listed in 5 different areas. They are:
1. Internet of Things (IoT): IoT is amazing. It is one of those technologies which will actually change the way of living of us. The idea of controlling each and every thing (be it a home appliance, be it your organizational task, a task to achieve something before you tend to reach there and many more) over the network or using the network makes the user feel like Wow! Yes indeed it hits a thought in our mind on to how amazing and impressive this technology can be.
Definition of this term IoT can be given as: “A computing concept in which every physical devices, such as the home appliances, buildings, machineries, etc. are connected over a network, which may be the internet or the intranet using various hardware components such as: sensors, actuators, embedded system (embedded software and hardware) and network connectivity that enable the objects to collect and exchange data without human-to-human and human-to-machine interaction.”
IoT, is thus a very advancing and trending in the IT industry. Physical devices getting connected over the network, helping users to easily manage and manipulate the devices based on their requirements with the help of a single click, using some device such as a laptop or a smartphone.
To know more about IoT: Internet of Things (IoT)
2. Artificial Intelligence and Automation: This one’s my personal favourite. AI is projected to bring massive amount of developments, it will change the way how people perceive technology.
To understand what AI is, we define it in simple terms: Artificial Intelligence (AI) allows machine s to interpret and interact with the world in such a way as we humans perceive and do. (Machines will sooner or later have human intelligence and it will make logical reasoning just as we humans do). To be more precise and crisp, giving computers human-like abilities related to seeing, reasoning, hearing and listening.
Systems can learn and change future behaviour, leading to the creation of more intelligent devices and programs. The combination of extensive parallel processing power, advanced algorithms and massive data sets to feed the algorithms has unleashed this new era.
AI and Automation can be used in many fields which includes banking, finance, education, agriculture, business some of them.
The main idea of this technology is to increase the efficiency, accuracy and reliability in terms of productivity, in terms of profits, in terms of manufacturing and building products and services and many more. Just imagine, you just need to pass or provide the machine with some information and all the other task will be performed by the machine. Sounds amazing, right? Yes it is amazing and also surprising in the way this technology is growing over the years.
3. Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality: Virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) transform the way individuals interact with each other and with software systems creating an immersive environment. Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality is on the rise with us having the VR boxes with smartphones to enhance the user experience, the most famous game Pokémon Go, which break the internet few months ago, was an AR based game.
Business and Organization can now project their graphics onto real world objects such as a wall, a table, a building etc. VR technology is used for enhancing training experience among users. The way you perceive and interact with the product (or service) is extremely enhanced and you see an altogether different world. This helps better interaction and better user experience.
One more application of such technology includes 3D printers.
4. Blockchain, Mesh Technology and Security: We all are aware of how everything around us is implementing digital technology. The fate of a political party in an election is also many a times based on their digital and online presence. As everything and everyone is making use of the digital platform, it is very important to achieve high end security measures over the internet, in order to be safe and being avoided by hacking, web attacks and other security flaws over the web.
Blockchain is a type of distributed ledger in which value exchange transactions (in bitcoin or other token) are sequentially grouped into blocks. Blockchain and distributed-ledger concepts are gaining traction because they hold the promise of transforming industry operating models in industries such as music distribution, identify verification and title registry. In simple terms the use of Bitcoins will rise (An article on bitcoin will soon be published).
The mesh refers to the dynamic connection of people, processes, things and services supporting intelligent digital ecosystems. As the mesh evolves, the user experience fundamentally changes and the supporting technology and security architectures and platforms must change as well. The mesh app and service architecture (MASA) is a multichannel solution architecture that leverages cloud and server-less computing, containers and micro-services as well as APIs and events to deliver modular, flexible and dynamic solutions. This part also includes the rise of Cloud Computing (an article on cloud will be published soon).
5. Digital Interactions and Digital Technology Platforms: The use of digital medium has increased over years and many business and organizations make use of such platforms in order to brand themselves and achieve larger target audience.
Digital technology platforms are the building blocks for a digital business and are necessary to break into digital. Every organization will have some mix of five digital technology platforms: Information systems, customer experience, analytics and intelligence, the Internet of Things and business ecosystems.
Mobile devices have been slowly adding technology into our daily lives. It’s rare to see anyone without a smartphone at any given time, giving us access to practically infinite information in the real-world.
That’s it for now. These trends are based on the current market scenario and usage in the industry. It might change with time. But you need not worry, as technology changes, you will be updated for that with the help of my article and our blog TechnoITWorld.
Think about your business, try applying any of these technologies in to your business and enclose the change in technology over time.
Article written and submitted by: Akshay Rakesh Toshniwal