Hello, everyone! In the last article, I mentioned about how start-ups are increasing in number and how they are making use of artificial intelligence technologies to create more value for their consumers (you can have a look at the previous article here). Today, I’ll be focusing on how soft skills play an important role and why is it important to possess good soft skills.
Consider a scenario, where there are two people. The first person is too good with his technical skills and abilities but loses out when it comes to public speaking. The first person doesn’t seem to express his skills and ideas to other people. But on the other hand, the second person who possess basic technical skills (fewer skills as compared to the first one) and abilities, but has a great sense to deliver ideas, express thoughts and share opinions among a different set of people, this person tends to win the race. How? It’s quite simple. Delivering a skill, explaining the pros and cons about the same and possessing that same skill is the best combination you can ever find. This scenario comes into picture when a person possesses both hard skills and soft skills. Hard skills are technical abilities and skills focused on the person’s related field, whereas soft skills are skills that are used to share your thoughts, express ideas, allows public speaking and more.
In this article, I’ll be focusing more on the soft skills and how it plays an important role in any person’s life. As mentioned earlier, soft skills deal with a person’s ability to speak publicly, to share their thoughts and ideas without fear and to have a body language which attracts the audience hearing them. To make your speech highly effective and engaging, it is essential that your body language is appropriate. To clearly define what soft skills are, it is defined as:
“Personal attributes that enable someone to interact effectively and harmoniously with other people”
The way you communicate, deliver your thought comes under soft skills.
You Might Like:
- Productive Usage of the Internet
- Need a Job? Re-skill Yourself
- 5 C’s that can help you grow professionally
Soft skills are also termed as professional skills. To achieve great success in your professional field, it is important that you have the right soft skills. Take the case of any recruitment process (job hiring process), in this case, the process doesn’t stop only at the technical round. In fact, another process is done, in which the employer analyses the soft skill abilities of a candidate. Soft skills are not just important when facing external customers and clients. They are equally important when it comes to interacting with colleagues. Soft skills relate to how you work with others (whereas hard skills relate to you, in isolation, as an individual). Employers value soft skills because they enable people to function and thrive in teams and in organizations as a whole.
Such skills are valued because it creates a sense of smartness within you. The more likely you are to share your views and thoughts without any fear, more you can achieve and more opportunities you can come across to. It also adds a value to your resume/CV which can be used by other recruiters. Soft skills relate to your attitudes and your intuitions. As soft skills are less preferable to your qualifications and more personality-driven, it is important to consider what your soft skills are and how you might show evidence of them to others.
Below is a list of few soft skills, which you can master and help yourself improve in a much better way. The points in the list consisting of:
1. Communication: The most important skill under soft skills. Your communication matters. What you communicate, how you do that and why you do that, everything matters. More effective, much better results.
2. Leadership: Have you been the leader of your class in your school days? Or have you been a captain of a sports team? Leading a set of people is one of the major task and highly responsible as well. It shows how to lead a team with a mindset that will help everyone can grow in a productive manner.
3. Teamwork: It’s said that if you wish to walk far in life, walk with a set of people and walk in a team. Teamwork is very important and similar to leadership, it creates a sense of working with different people under one team.
4. Time Management: Given a deadline for work or an assignment, how will you do it effectively that your time is saved and the output gained is high? This requires proper time management. Once you learn this, you are able to organize and plan your work accordingly.
And many other skills are also part of soft skills which include, decision-making abilities, flexibility, and adaptability, problem-solving skills and more. Such skills help you achieve great success in life.
All that matters is the right attitude for getting the right soft skills. Once you develop the attitude to develop these skills, you are bound to succeed.
Such skills are part of any organization. One such organization is Techno Code LLP. Techno Code LLP is an IT and Digital Services company which aims to provide high-end services to businesses and individuals. Such services are provided by qualified engineers possessing great soft skills. To get in touch with them, click here.
If you like the article, do like, comment and share among others and help them find the article easily!
Article written and submitted by: Akshay Rakesh Toshniwal